Membership applications should be sent to the JPA for screening and consideration by the board. You will be notified of the screening results.
- Admission fee: 5,000 yen
- Annual dues: 11,000 yen; 7,500 yen for members in their 1st or 2nd years after completing undergraduate work and for members currently enrolled in graduate school.
Membership Screening Rules
- Membership applications shall be screened pursuant to Article 10 of the Articles of Incorporation, according to the rules set forth below.
- Members of the JPA must be recommended by a current member, approved by the JPA board, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Has graduated from a 4-year university with a concentration in psychology or psychology related subjects, or is a licensed certified psychologist.
- Other than (1) above, is a currently enrolled student in a psychology or psychology related graduate program, or is a graduate of such program.
- Has graduated from a 4-year university with a concentration in related subjects and has researched or practiced in psychology related areas for 2 or more years.
- Is a researcher in a non-psychology field who holds a Master’s degree or above or equivalent research experience, and who is currently engaged in research or practice related to psychology.
- Free subscriptions to the JPA’s three journals and the JPA member directory
- Submissions accepted to The Japanese Journal of Psychology and Japanese Psychological Research
- Member’s rate for participation in the annual JPA convention